Is your business keen to give to the community, but not sure how. Do you want to raise your profile as a socially responsible organisation?
St Neots TimeBank is an organisation of volunteers exchanging skills for time. We help a wide range of people and our volunteers are paid with time from another member. Our aims are to help people in the community. Local Academies have joined and are introducing volunteering as an advantage for CVs and extra tuition in languages, GCSE studies and learning from skilled workers. We would like to offer further opportunities to try out new skills and experience a work environment; consequently we are keen to connect with local businesses so that we can achieve even more.
How could your business be involved?
- Offering a few hours of mentoring to someone keen to get into your field of work.
- Offering work experience opportunities
- Sharing resources, for example, offering or accepting spare places on a training course
- Distributing TimeBank pamphlets to the staff
- In return we can offer free publicity of your business
- You could gain help during busy periods
- Sharing use of equipment with other businesses
- Sharing premises for meetings
- Take advantage of skills you may not have on site, for example, health and safety, website design
- Your voluntary time and resource sharing through the time bank will earn you credits that you can use for your own business or donate to a charity or the TimeBank community pot.
Please contact us if you’d like to know more or join.